View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #25
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimneverdies View Post
Nice build so far. With your bags located where they are would you be able to put 4 semi wheels back there without any rubbing? The porterbuilt notch you're going with, does it put the bags in the same place or inboard of the frame?
I don't know 100% if 4 semi wheels would not work w/my set-up. Most of them I see have the bags placed under or inside of the frame when going that route. I considered that but then where does the other important stuff like exhaust go? Stability & full exhaust were my priorities. The bags in the OE leaf position offered the best stability & made it much easier to fit the other stuff inside the rails & allow the exhaust to run all the way out back.

The Porterbuilt notch doesn't change the position of the frame rails. It slips over the existing rails for positioning, you tack it in, then weld the outside edges, cut the notch area out, clean the rails where they were cut so the 'caps' for the inside of the rails fits flush & then weld the caps on. I opted to build my own notch crossmember to tie the sides together simply because I already had the scrap material.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote