View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #407
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Work continues on the cab. I've filled in the firewall where I sliced it to make room for the passenger side head.

And I got rid of the rest of the holes that I decided I didn't need.

I scratched my head a while on how to run the hoses cleanly and out of the way for the Vintage air unit. This is what I came up with. If I hadn't already welded the heater air intake hole shut, I'd have run them through that.

We then took a couple days to visit the grandparents before school started. We took our obligatory drive in the Model AA.

Back to the cab.

I had a bunch of partially finished welds that needed to be completely finished. I also built reinforcement for the seatbelt mounts in the event that they are ever needed....now I'll feel safe.

And I had some door gaps that were still bugging me. I have spent a ton of time on door gaps, makes me really respect cars that I see around that have nice gaps. This one I made the relief cut and then put the door back on (hinge side). I then needed to adjust the gap like I wanted it and then hold it in place and take the door back off so I could work. This is what I came up with to hold the panel in place. I was able to put tacks on it with the door shut and then take the door back off, worked well.

Mostly finished with this one, still a little touch up left.

As I look around to see what else I need to finish before Raptor lining the floor, I remember that it was a little tight in the tranny cooler line area with my new tunnel. I'll have to chop off a piece and weld in a patch once I find my pictures to see how much needs to be removed.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote