View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #2472
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tune_1 View Post
There are times that we need to listen to our fathers. It is great that he is able to come by and give guidance and help. With his help you will be surprised what the two of you can do in one day a week, especially if you are prepared for it. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged by the seemingly slow progress. The turtle won the race.

Looks good
Dwight
Thanks Dwight, you are right I was trying to rush the bodywork and trying to get things finished by a certain time. This has given me a tremendous amount of stress, I need to back off a little and just remember that it will get done and take my time, which is as slow as a snail but atleast it should be right when done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ctener View Post
To share a little wisdom of my own... I'm extremely picky and when I comes to someone doing work for me there is always something I find flawed. It may not be the finished product that's imperfect but the fact it took three weeks longer and hundreds of dollars more. The fact that I put every extra penny into this truck has made it become a love and a lifestyle. In a painters eyes it's just another paycheck. When you work countless hours on the truck not one other person can have the compassion for it as you do. The work you do is the best to your abilities and in your eyes perfect. If you paint something three times you only learned from the mistake before but you learned each time. No one was born with these skills they were all learned and taught by others. The appreciation for this truck will be much greater knowing you put your heart into it.
Thanks Scott, I hear what your saying. I'm proud of what I already accomplished with this truck and will be even more proud when it is done and I did all the bodywork and paint myself with some help from my father. I was looking at my dad's 40 Chevy Pickup on Sunday and realized if mine turns out as nice as his and I know it will, then I will be extremely happy. Is it perfect, no but it is nicer then 95% of all the vehicles I see at the local cruise nights and shows.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10

Last edited by Bennett68C10; 09-02-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote