View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Update!
After putting my carpet in to rest and cut necessary holes, I realized there was little padding under it. I decided to do some research and found that a couple lowe's products are getting attention. I purchased some peel and seal for sound deadening and some reflectix to use under the carpet for padding and added insulation. I have to say they both do the trick very well. The peel and seal totally deadened the rear cab area and the relfectix is a foil backed bubble wrap of sorts that doesn't pop.

I cut the relfectix to fit the floor and taped it up with gorilla tape. Should lay in nicely.

I had the bed hauled from body guy to my local line-x dealer and they sprayed the liner today. The inner bed looks great! Unfortunately, due to the amount of buffing compound my painter used, the filament wire tape the line-x dealer uses for nice clean lines, popped lose in a couple places during spraying and they had a few bad corners. They are going to keep the bed and slightly lower the edge line of the line-x and respray to fix. It's not terribly unsightly but the alternative is sanding and respraying the tail gate. I already have to have the painter touch up a bunch of spots so not wanting any major repainted areas.
Ugh!

Tomorrow some more wiring. I am frustrated as I just can't find enough space comfortably under the dash for the ecm. so many places are close but just seems like it's being forced. I could do the kick panel, but not sure if there's enough length in the harness. I am now thinking about where under the hood. Looks like I am going to have to make one more hole in the firewall for the throttle wires or ecm harness depending on what I come up with.
Chris