Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #2353
skorpioskorpio

Re: PO has me PO'd

I'm just sayin'

For me, I widened the rear by a lot, like 5" due to the fairly extreme offset of the wheels I chose. With Moser it was just clicking check boxes and they just made it, fitted for a C-10, click, done. So my housing is 5" wider (or so, I forget, but 75" tire bulge to tire bulge) then stock, has Ford Torino flange ends to match the custom 'Vette brakes, and C-10 trailing arm bracketry, and all that was "standard stuff" for them. I considered doing it as a 12 bolt, but it was actually stronger and lighter to do it as a 9" and about the same price...mmm actually with the Wavetrack it was cheaper because the 31 spline Wavetrack was on special, like $300 off, it was the best posi and near the cheapest price. I actually called them and went over it on the phone, but in the end I could have just ordered it on the website.

So you know the Wavetracks, both wheels turn whether they are loaded or not. Eaton type posi will not do that, the only other thing that does that is lockers which are noisy and eat tires.

Along the way I had planned on using this shortened tailshaft assembly for the 4L80E that made it the same length and interchangable with a 4L60E, which I thought would be a good idea, anyway the transmission parts place never delivered the actual shaft, just the casting so I returned it. That tailshaft used, or was supposed to use, the same 27 spline output shaft as a 4L60E/TH350, and I ordered a 3450 strap yoke from Moser for it, after I abandoned that plan I needed to exchange it for the 4L80E/TH400 type yolk and Moser did that no questions asked, just charged me shipping. I would not hesitate to buy from them again, everything about buying from them was easy.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote