Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #2363
skorpioskorpio

Re: PO has me PO'd

My chassis is a former 4WD and is currently in Porterbuilts shop, so he has the measurements. I would think if you went that route you could shorten the trailing arms a couple inches and make it all fit.

The secret to performance parts for the Buick engine was to follow it's history, mine was full of aftermarket Triumph TR8 parts, which is where that engine ended up in the UK. Was used in Range Rovers, Rovers, Triumphs, and others.

The 215 came in Skylarks, the rear transaxle was in the Pontiac version the Tempest. This is back when GMs were "based" on the same chassis but could be mechanically very different. Like the 66-70 Riviera and Toronado, same platform and about as different of drivetrains as you could get, one torsion bar FWD the other coil sprung RWD. I used to have a '66 Toronado too, err actually two, beautifully styled car and a tedious beast to drive around town, was only really happy doing 100mph. I had a Offenhouser dual quadrajet manifold in that car, talk about torque steer, holding the wheel while stomping that car off the line was like trying to hand hold a drill press head to drill a hole.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote