View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #1257
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

It's been a busy couple of weeks working to get the air suspension operational for the Midwest All Truck Nationals yesterday. Chip (Low Elco) graciously offered to trailer the chassis out there behind his freshly lowered BBT (which looked awesome!). We had a great time hanging with other forum members, checking out all the fine rides, grillin' and downing some cold ones. With all that behind me, I can catch up on recent efforts.

After retooling the compressor mounts, the next hurdle was to locate the position sensors at each corner. In the back, I welded tabs to one of the tubes that support the air tank as well as to the trailing arms. Up front, I attached tabs under the frame rails for the sensor mount and used blind rivet nuts in the lower control arm tubes for the lower rod end mounts. Measured carefully and cut the links to length. It all sounds so easy when you say it fast. In reality, there was lots of head scratching between steps. McMaster-Carr had some neat clips for mounting the air line, so I popped for enough to do the job. They came with screws, but I opted to use little 3/32" pop rivets. I setup the lines to run inside the frame rails and curl around the back into the solenoid valve body. I'll use the Adel style clamps that came with the kit to keep them tucked up out of the way.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote