View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #1258
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Up front, the cleanest way to get the line routed from the bag to the inside of the frame rail was by using a 90 degree bulkhead fitting. There was already a small hole in the crossmember where the fitting needed to go, so it served as a pilot hole for the size drill needed for the fitting. I then used a short section of hose from the bag to the fitting and connected the long line running to the back to the other end.

Plumbing the air tank was next on the list. I picked up some pre-made high pressure hoses and used them to remotely locate the water trap(s). There was only one included in the kit, and the other one won't be here until Tuesday, so I just temporarily made a splice with a union fitting. With the air lines all done, the only thing remaining was the wiring. It's pretty simple, but the biggest issue was all the excess. I just looped it up and used cable ties to organize it. I'll shorten them up later on when wiring the rest of the truck. I did some research on the plugs hoping I'd find a source for the pins so I won't have to cut and splice, but I haven't 100% nailed it yet. Pretty sure the plugs on the ECU are from Molex and the ends on the sensors are the unshrouded Delphi GT150 type. But more research is required.

The system has an auto calibration feature and it went thru all that perfectly. When it finished, it set the ride height to the middle position. It has presets for low (10% travel), medium (50% travel), and high (90% travel). However, if you press the buttons to change it from the middle to the low or high positions, it does nothing. The manual buttons work perfectly to raise or lower the bags, either individually or in pairs. Reckon I'll call Travis at AZ Perf. this week and see if he has any insights. Meanwhile, I'll tear it all apart again to send the metal parts out for powder coating.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote