Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
I endorse this message..Good work

Marc
Thanks Marc! Made us smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLER View Post
metal work is looking real good.
Thank you Chizzler. Means a lot to me....though I am glad it is going to be hidden under the fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
Love your build. I only got through a few pages but will finish it. Gotta hit the sack. Looking foward to finish the rest of it.
Thanks Hydrojunkie....if you can get through all the yackity yack I put in....Holy crap AD, how many pic's of rust repair and floors do you need? We are having a blast though.

Lotta hours on the rust replacement this week and I still didn't get done what I had set for a goal. Figured we would knock out the patch panels, finish the floor with the new wheel wells / hump and maybe set up the engine and transmission....not to be, despite our best efforts. Still decent progress though.

Some things I was reminded of / refreshed on this week:
  • No way could a shop have put a bid in on this repair. We all know many / most shops won't as they are setting themselves and the customer up for disappointment.
  • Would hate to have been doing this for a paying customer. Mr. Jones, we spent 40 hours repairing rusted out places and your bill is $2,000 this week. Good news is it will only be about half that next week and we will be done with the rust.....we think.
  • Practiced up with overhead welding in 1/10 of a second bursts. Lotta grinding practice too and I can chase a hole with the best of them now.
  • A better way to fix this would have been to have the body on a rotisserie flipped over, then make a quality metal shaped fender lip extending up into the body into real solid metal, TIG welded it in then metal finished / planished it out. Frankly beyond my skills without a lot of help from my metal shaping buddies.
  • These Duluth Trading Company firehose pants might be beaver proof but they sure as heck are not welding splatter proof.
  • It is good to take a break. Took some time to watch oldest grandson play flag football. Lot's of speed and determination with most of those little guys.

Nope littlest grandson, we are not ready for paint yet.

Been a great week!

Always appreciate your thoughts and suggestions guys.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote