JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Excited to get started, thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
other than a few minor details...
the body looks good, decent start to a project
You're telling me! I was most concerned about finding a nice body, because in the long run most of the wiring and so forth is going to get replaced, anyway.

So I was going over all the paperwork getting ready to get a new title for the truck last night, and ran into a problem. The current title I have is assigned using the engine serial number instead of the cab serial??? No idea why they did that.

The story I got was that this truck got put up in a barn somewhere many many years ago, and the owner previous to the one I bought it from pulled it out of that barn and rebuilt the engine and drove it around (I have receipts for the motor in 1997) - it appears it didn't have a title at that point, and that it was issued to the engine serial.

That gentleman passed away in 2011, and the previous owner to me bought the truck from his estate - then never did anything with it, including getting a title. So I just bought it from them, with a signed title from the estate sale now filled out to me.

I'm now jumping through hoops with the DMV to try and get the title re-issued with the cab serial on it, since I want to change the engine
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote