View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #4862
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
Well deserved Alan. I think the mirrors helped. It's all about presentation. Congrats
Thank you Dennis, they do give it an extra edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguini View Post
Good job Alan,all the hard work and detail is paying off for you now.I look forward to that day at my end !

Cheers,
Ed.
Thank you Ed. Keep diggin', you'll get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Congrats on the win....well deserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasld View Post
Good looking rig man. Congrats on the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
congrats, but I will have to agree, aint got a thing to do with the mirrors, I believe it was all the painstaking time spent in the garage that's paying off, very well deserved, that truck is going to fill a garage up with trophies before your done.
Thank you Jeff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Mirrors, Really?
I don't think so!
If people can't appreciate the craftsmanship that is visible on the exterior, then they don't know what they are looking at in the first place.
Awesome job!!! And like Flip said, you are gonna fill a garage with trophies in no-time!!!
I am truly jealous!
Thank you sir! Much appreciated.

Today I went to Coker Tire Cruise in in Chattanooga. I was followed by a 1966 C10 all the way. We stopped in Chatsworth GA at an old gas station turned into a restaurant for pics. We had a good time looking at all the cars and such. every where I turned there were more cars. Also got to see the Coker tire museum.

Parked outside Honest Charley's speed shop

Stopped back by old gas station for their cruise in and to get a bite to eat.

Inside the garage area is where you sit to eat.

For a few more pics click here.

This is the longest trip this old truck has made since the resto 93 miles one way. Boy it like the gas. I'm guessing 12-14 MPG. While it did really good the temp got a little hotter than I like when I was getting closer to home sitting at idle and the electric fan was on. It's never done that before. I can't remember what Tstat it has. I'm thinking 180. With a lazer temp gun the oil pan was @260, intake at water jacket 195, Read hose 190-199. It drug a little when I started it right after I shut it off.

Then I noticed a missing spinner when I got home. I hit some pretty rough roads at spots. It must be on the side of the road.

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote