View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #11
greywurm

Re: 2 Engine Swap Options - Advice?

Picked up the engine and tranny Saturday. 3970010 block, edelbrock carb (600 cfm I think) and th400 tranny.

A few quick questions.... I am trying to get an attack plan together.

One of the pics, and circled a couple things on the tranny I think I have ID'd correctly: 1) post for the shift linkage 2) electronic kick down 3) speedo sensor. The guy had a digital dash, so the sensor is electronic. Can I reuse this or replace something to go back to a cable? I have a stock dash cluster.

Can anyone ID the exhaust headers? He said they were hookers, but I can find anything that looks like them. Are they worth keeping or should I get new ones before I size up the exhaust?

I got the transmission separated from the engine because I wanted to get the engine on a stand to clean up and paint. When I was looking up how to get the torque converter off (the bolts are on pretty solid), I came across a post with some comments talking about potentially screwing up the pump and/or seals on the front of the tranny by taking the engine off with the TC. Any way to tell if I screwed these up? They look ok from the outside.

I also was under the impression that the th400 was longer than the th350. I measured both and they both are about 28.5 inches long. Is that possible? From what I can tell, I might be able to swap out the tranny as well. The th400 has an improved shift kit installed, so it might be nice.

Can I reuse the torque converter that is on the new motor with the th350 if I dont swap?
Attached Images

greywurm is offline   Reply With Quote