View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #1281
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

I'm still having a hard start issue. I swapped the fuel pumps and there was no change. I can't figure out how the float bowls would go dry. Don't understand why the entire fuel line to the tank is going dry. I'm stumped. Will probably start with the carb. Pull the lid off and see if fuel is leaking out the bottom some how. Cracked?

Haven't driven it in at least a month. Too many other things going on. A week and a half ago I took my C-10 to a show/swap meet in Little Falls. I found something that is kinda getting my juices flowing again for this project.

Dick Cepek FC II 35x12.5x17. Got 3 for $80. New ones are out of production but some retailers still have them available. Around $300 new, but I have time to search around for 1 or 2 used ones or clearance specials.

They will require more altitude on the jimmy. Which means suspension work. Which means I need to get serious about how I'm going to do that. I still want links and coils. I'm considering 1 ton axles. I have to buy wheels anyway (the slots are 15's, new tires are 17's) And if I'm going to be cutting off and replacing mounts this would be the time to do it.

Of course, progress will depend on available money and time. Going through a divorce at the moment, so I will have to wait and see how that goes, but I'm optimistic.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote