View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
SS Tim

Re: The first year for two-tone paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by data89 View Post
How come my SPID doesn't list a paint code? 69 stepside. It just lists the vinyl trim as blue. Yet the dash pad, steering col and wheel, seats, and instrument panel are black. The interior cab is white, the doors are white with blue panels (not turquoise), and blue panel back of the dash by the windshileld. The paint was so worn and faded, I couldn't be sure if it was white or turquoise. Same with the cowel, kind of a turquoise over white. None of the rubber had any kind of overspray or leakage on it (as though it was re-painted).
Sometimes and not very often I will find a SPID without a paint code. Most were IIRC white. Without a crystal ball or pictures its hard to say much about the progression of colors on your truck. But white with blue matching the SPID and the fact the upper dash is flat blue supports the SPID. As to the original color its just a matter of inspecting and sanding in most cases.
Vinyl trm partsd ar often changed as is paint both exterior and interior. Often though a color change can most easily be seen inside.

Several of your own posts support this being a white with blue vinyl truck too. If you have pictures of the truck and SPID post them up.

Last edited by SS Tim; 09-24-2014 at 06:46 PM.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote