View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #11
jocko

Re: Looking at Buying 72 C10 LWB - Need Advice!

Here's my 2 cents.. It's a nice truck, but I would only call it a good deal for YOU if it's EXACTLY what you are looking for. It's customized quite a bit, and as noted above, high end of the price range for a lwb truck. If you had a longbed truck that wasn't yet painted and THIS is how you'd paint it - then this truck is a great deal, you will save a lot of money over buying another and making it look like this. However, if you wouldn't have painted it exactly like this, why pay the premium for someone else's idea of a cool custom paint job? It really is well done, but being a custom, it's only really a good deal if it's how you would have done it if you'd have started from scratch. If you get it and it isn't how you would've customized it yourself, then you'll probably regret it. Then you'll be stuck with a $12k truck that has a very small audience of potential buyers (simply because it is customized and may not be to everyone's taste (including mine), that's all). Don't rush the buying if it's not what you really want. This truck will be hard to sell in the future - at the very least, it will have a much smaller pool of folks interested in buying than a bone stock truck.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote