View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #12
engineer_gregh

Re: Looking at Buying 72 C10 LWB - Need Advice!

Just my .02 cents. It has Cheyenne badges and it has the cargo light that was included with that package. Red seat belts? Tail gate latch smoothed, bed post holes smoothed, with what, metal or filler? Windshield and back glass missing chrome insert included with Cheyenne package. Coil springs probably original as the ride height looks tired and sagging. Other things I look at when considering a purchase; SPID to confirm how the truck was originally equipped, trailing arm, drag link, and cab bushings, carrier bearing and u-joints, LEAKS from engine or tranny, front end suspension, electrical (do the gauges, wipers, horn, and lights all work), drive the truck a minimum of 1/2 an hour both low and high speed to look for overheating problems as well as leaks once the drive is finished. Engine code on passenger pad to determine if the engine is original. What paper work is included; original documentation and receipts proving recent work done. Flashlight is a must. It takes me at least an hour and probably closer to 2 hours to inspect a truck. If the seller don't want or allow this kind of inspection then the truck is not for me. Impulse buying will get you in trouble quick, ask me how I know:-)
engineer_gregh is offline   Reply With Quote