View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #224
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Today I got the bumpers out and began thinking about how to freshen them up. I decided to take both of them down to raw metal, brush them and clear coat them.

I did a test and this is where I think I am headed as far as the look. I will spray the back of both bumpers with rhino liner and the step of the rear bumper. Then use POR's Glisten clear coat to protect them from the elements.

I now have two completed systems in the truck. Emergency brake and fuel filler. Just installed fuel filler hose and vent.

We spent another day fine tuning the doors. After installing the weather stripping, the doors were very tight and the weather stripping presented some resistance. So we basically had to re-hang each door. I had to open up the hinge holes a bit then they were much more manageable. So on they went followed by the front fenders.

So now we are pretty good with fitment, but a few small issues to still work out. Hard to tell how close we are till the hood goes on. I am definitely not enjoying the bodywork, but it is nice seeing the truck start to look like a truck again. Now, back to some wiring.