View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #1183
Mike_The_Grad

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

More like "what did your truck do to you this weekend?" Blew both head gaskets Saturday morning right after I dropped off my lady for work. Was stuck about 25 miles from home for about 2 hours. Finally got a tow home. I had coolant pouring out of both header collectors. Went from full radiator to empty radiator in about two minutes. After I got it home I pulled all plugs. #6 was wet with coolant and rust around threads...#7 cylinder gushed out coolant as soon as plug was pulled...now I'm without vehicle and no idea what direction to go in next. I'm not financially ready to take on this project. I can either replace head gaskets and put it back together hoping for the best or since I have it apart, rebuild it. I had planned on rebuilding it after the first of the year. My concern is that I can tell heat was building up inside the head. And if I go with just a gasket replacement will it last me the next few months.(this is my daily driver.) Either way it sucks.but it happend. (Its got 70,000 on a rebuild performed 20 years ago, and it sat for ten of those years in my driveway neglected until about 6 months ago.) I did get 4,000 miles out of it after all the work I did to get it back on the road...
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad