View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
Michel

Re: What did you do with your truck today, take 2

I have a big oil leak to the back transmission (SM420), so have ordered a new out put shaft seal.
In an attempt to replace the seal, I have removed the propeller shaft, parking brake drum and band, expecting to be able to remove the oil seal from the outside but I didn’t succeed. So I have removed the case rear casting. Just to discover that the rear main shaft bearing had a lot of play so needs replacement. I have so decided to remove the transmission from the truck, just to have a look at the other bearings. The main shaft front bearing is worn out too. Ended by an order for a bearings and seals kit.
I had the plan to replace the clutch throw out bearing as it is a bit noisy. The transmission being removed, I took the opportunity to have a look at the clutch so removed it just to discover that the disk is worn out and it is missing a part of it.
A good day! Had to order a new clutch too!
I have an oil leak at the rear axle. Am just wondering if I will have a look at it !

Cheers
Michel