View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #68
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Re: New to the c10 scene, boosted lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
This is also a good way to show everyone why ball bearing turbo's are FTW. I don't trust bushings. At least if a BB overheats/thins oil you can detect shaft play and bearing noise before self destructing the whole thing.

I think your answer is a sealed Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo, because anything worth doing is worth overdoing. No oil lines, no heat concerns, spin it to the galaxy of your choice. Sure its like 4x the price....but they are something special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
there is still a staunch difference between being good for reliability, and being good for performance.
LOL, ok dude. Which is it? You seem to be talking out both sides of your mouth?

I can tell you with certainty that if there was ANY concern that we "couldn't trust bushings", or were worried that a journal bearing turbo was a risk to come apart and "destroy the whole thing", we wouldn't be using them on $1,000,000+ gen sets, with the risk of paying warranty claims on them.

Even the journal bearing china ebay turbos that some guys are using are holding up better than the precision stuff lately.

You've been watching too much fast and furious if you think that a ceramic ball bearing turbo is the only way to go fast.

Quote:
Spirit. Thank you. Thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous... uh... injection, four-core intercoolers, an' ball-bearing turbos, and... um... titanium valve springs. Thank you.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote