View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #1301
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

In-laws Rick and Linda have been here the last couple of days but left this morning to continue their trip. Rick and I spent a substantial amount of time researching a fix for the 240V Voltec charger for Kathy's electric car that's been on the fritz. Also, while he was here I gave him an AccuAir demo, and wouldn't you know it, one of the relays picked that moment to weld the contacts closed. The compressor it controlled just kept chugging away till we pulled the power. Kinda worrisome since it could happen again. I'm guessing that repeatedly connecting and disconnecting the main power caused enough spikes to fry the contacts. Regardless, it points up a real need for a pop-off valve on the tank. It may also be beneficial to wire a condenser (capacitor) to one side of the points. However, I think using genuine Bosch relays (not the made in China clones) would probably be sufficient.

Side project for today was to start whittling out some spark plug wire looms. As usual, I can't find exactly what I'm looking for so I'm building them. In progress photo is attached.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote