View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
danheit

Re: Quadrajet Conundrum

To the OP, a q-jet is a great carb. Most of the guys that are against them, don't understand them, or have had qjets that were improperly set. It is capable of great fuel efficiency, and can still flow up to 800cfm with little to no modification, when needed. As stated earlier, call Cliff. Another great place to start is Rochester.com. There's tons of replacement parts out there. Most likely you have a secondary electronically controlled power valve (the plastic plug on top of the air horn) and it probably isn't hooked up correctly. I would also guess that the choke and choke linkage is incorrectly or just not set up. Go on YouTube and start watching videos about rebuilding them. There's tons of info, and they're incredibly simple, once you understand them. If you look at stock class drag racers, a lot of folks still use them. Please know, this is a little of me talking out of my behind from memory, and a lot of personal experience. I grab one every time I find one in the junkyard. That and York AC compressors.....
1979 Jeep CJ7 - Build date on the day I was born! -Keeper
2004 Expedition - Family Hauler
2007 Accord - Wife's around towner; I have more but not enough lines to post them!
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote