View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #119
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

Thanks Blue! I appreciate it.

Worked on more smoothing the frame this afternoon after hockey. Removed the brackets that hold the leaf springs on the front and rear. Glad I did. A bit of flakey rust and frame distortion. Looks like when the brackets where riveted on at the factory the frame dented in. Don't know how else to describe it. Ended up cutting it out and welding in new.

Welded in 1/2" nuts inside the frame for the rear bumper brackets and rear cross sill and 5/16" nuts for the rear fender braces. Someone mentioned that they may go to the frame. I think they are right.

Big day tomorrow! Stock rear end is coming out. Made four frame support legs out of 1" square tubing that casters are bolted to that will be attached the four corners of the frame. I made them so that I can adjust them up and down to level the frame as well as move it around inside and out for blasting and such. Corvette stuff is getting close to going in! I would never have thought that it would have taken this much work on the frame.

Pictures to come..........

Any other frame work that I'm missing or should consider doing before boxing things in?

Cheers!

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote