View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #79
68basket

Re: 1960 chevy parkwood wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
Just my .02, but I'd recommend going ahead and putting a lower gear in it now so you don't have to snatch it back out again soon. With a 700r4 a 3.08 gear and that low profile 20" tire, you'll never get to take advantage of the overdrive unless you're runnin' like 90mph . And it's a LOT easier to do the diff/gear swap on a bench vs. under the car. I'd say 3.73's all the way too, assuming a 27" rear tire height...that should put the 700r4 at a happy gearing to pull at highway speeds without lugging or shift out of OD to 3rd all the time.

On another note...Love the strong arms and the floor board repairs. Watching this one makes me want one of these so BAD. Even my wife loves it... That's HUGE!!!
I was thinking the same thing, but i am running short on funds to be able to do everything this go round. I have done numerous gear sets as i work on cars for a living. It will not be hard work for me to take the car to work and put some gears in it at a later date. I will probably do 3.73 but want to put some miles on it first to see what i think. It is getting 255/35/20 rear tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Progress is looking really good. Love this build. What are you using for the air suspension controls?
Car is getting full accuair e-level setup from Travis at properformance. Cant wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun in dirt View Post
That's a super cool project...next car we do is gonna be something along those lines...low, long & cushy party wagon!
Thanks!

Tonight i got the last floor pan welded in and started laying out how the air management is going to fit. I was going to put it all under the car but didnt like how it was looking. I am liking this layout and just ordered a bracket for the accuair valve and module. I will clean and paint the spare tire well before i mount it all, May line with sound deadening also.
Attached Images

68basket is offline   Reply With Quote