View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trim rings on white wagons??...

You could do the wheels argent (silver rallye color), beauty rings, and 8-lug center caps with SAE conversion lugs. But,I am one who can see the wagon wheels "now" and "then" and not through the years between when everyone had them on everything and we all got sick of them. Fact is,they are era-correct and your truck looks awesome. I also like taking what the general public considers undesirable and turn their head around. I'm not impressed by follow the leader trends.
I intentionally bought wagon wheels for my '72 Highlander because the truck was unrestored and I wanted it to appear as a truck that was done back in the day. I had sets of 9.75 x 16.5 steelies, aluminum slots, and Turbo-Vecs to use, but 4WPW had a buy 3 get one free deal and they weren't offering 16.5s anymore. so I got the cheapest wheels, yet gave it the look I wanted.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote