View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
ryanroo

Re: Front suspension question for Cummins swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972K20 View Post
Hey guys, what kind of leaf springs are you guys putting up front when you do a Cummins swap?
usually a swap will require a lift of some measure. depending on the amount of extra work and involvement, i think you could operate well with a 2.5" lift. i had my engine placed with 4" springs and it was fine. i also have a ford front axle so my fitment is a little different. you can do a lot of things the hard way and make about anything work...

now the other side of that question is what brand. i do not believe rancho makes a spring for this truck, but if so i would start there. after that, i have personal experience with skyjacker and tough country. skyjacker was 8" spring and that is rough no matter what, but not terribly so with these. the tough countries are on the truck i drive every day. a 72 k20 that is basically stock other than the lift and 33"s. not the greatest ride. not so bad i hate it, but a little choppy at times. holding another 600+lbs of powertrain above them, they may do real well. as always, having a custom spring tailored to your needs will be the best. never had the time or cash to go that route myself.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote