Thread: 1974 CCSB build
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #124
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: 1974 CCSB build

Yeah. AAA has definitely been worth the money. I did get the exhaust done; it is run pretty much just like Clifford was, dumped over the axle. The truck came with some older Flowmasters on it. I told the exhaust guy to see if he could use them. I was going to go Magnaflow, but had a thrifty moment in there. Long story short, it ended up with new Flowmasters. It is probably more in tune with the spirit of the truck, and isn't really obnoxiously loud. They did a nice job of running the pipes, too.

The satin turned out a lot better than I had planned. I had originally planned to try and match the patina, but the color seemed to darken up as it aged. The fresh paint seems a lot brighter. Not sure if the roof will be satin also, or done in either a white diamond or heavy flaked gold. I have a bit to decide; I think the cab will get paint last. One other nice thing about the satin color is it hides flaws also. Since I was going to patina the truck I didn't fix every little bump and block it laser straight. The matted clear hides a ton! I decided to go ahead and paint it right, then do the interior afterwards. All of my weatherstrip is here for the newer doors, and I have enough trim to go ahead and trim the whole truck also. Sounds like a plan, until something else changes.