View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #77
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: My 1961 crew cab- XRMYCRU

got a present today! aerotruck63 hooked me up with some nice snap on stock hubcaps. this will work great to cover the 5 lug front wheels.
I initially wanted to do the 57-60 hubcaps, but got to looking at some pics the other day, and these started to grow on me.....

I got a little bit done today, I pulled the green 61 up front and started cutting across the floor and rockers. I still want to re-measure the roof skin to get my line exactly where the coach builders cut.

I am also in sort of a quandary as to how to do this repair.... right now it is looking like it will be easier to bend my own floor panel than try to cut the old one out and use it, so if that is the case I should mate my 2 cabs together and do the floor, then use the "B" pillars and rear doors off this crew, salvage what I can of the outside edges of this roof, and build my own center like they did...

the other option, is to do the repair on the truck, cut the back off, fix it.. cut the front off, fix that....etc.. the thing about this repair, is the roof skin is pretty tough, so the first option seems to be my best...

the one thing that I cant/don't want to do yet is pull this crew's cab off the frame : it and the doors are about the only structural support it has right now, and I don't want it to all bend out of shape.....
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote