View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #126
no1udknow

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

My dad had a 72 2wd long bed from the time I was 2, till about 25. I always wanted one, but never had the money for a descent one. My friend John offered me a deal on a 58 for $1000. It was clean with little rust, and the only thing really missing was the engine. My dad and I pooled some money to buy it as a father-son project back in November of last year. He passed away in April and I decided that the 58 wasn't really my dream truck, and I would try to find a 67-72. I was at a wedding for a another friend, and I was sitting at a table with my friend John and our other friend Will. Will told me that he really wanted to buy the 58 from John but that I had beat him to it. I told him I was looking to sell it because I really wanted a 67-72 like my dad had back in the day. He told me he had a running, registered 68 at his house, with a 67 parts truck for body parts, and he would trade me straight across for the 58, and the 86 2wd chassis and engine I was going to put it on. I was stoked. He wanted to put the 58 on an 86 4x4 chassis and only really needed the engine and wire harness from my 86 parts truck, so I was able to steal all the disc brake and front suspension/cross member from the 2wd chassis.

My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote