View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #142
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Cool stories. My '70 Longhorn acquisition is bittersweet. My father in law bought it in '73 as the second owner, just as you see it in my avatar, except when he had it repainted, the lower section got painted orange where it should be white. I will address that at some point, because I like that White/Hugger Orange/White color scheme. My wife and I got it after he passed away. Bitter, but sweet, because it cost me nothing. I never would have figured on getting that truck. I wasn't really interested, but we've been married 33 years, so that truck has been used by us occasionally over the years, camping or pulling a trailer loaded with wood for an addition I built on my house many years ago. Gotta love that 400 grunt. Funny part- my wife went to college in downtown LA driving that truck back in the '70s! 100 pound girl driving that Longhorn with a camper shell, threading through traffic, what a picture. I'm going to replace the camper shell. I'm thinking I'll have to build it, because this style can't be purchased new anymore. I'd rather toss that shell and make it a real truck, but little miss 100 pounds ain't going for it.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote