View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #132
bnoon

Re: Project Mr. Green Jeans (now 5.3 LS turbo build!)

Fixed a few electrical gremlins this weekend. Wired a new relay for the yellow fog lights, cleared out some crud from the heater core, rerouted the heater core feed to the intake manifold ahead of the thermostat (gets warm inside the cab MUCH quicker!!! ), and started setting up my 1.5 DIN 1999 CD player that I got from gmachinz.

For the CD player install, I decided to cut both bezels and make 1 good one. The texture difference will be taken care of by using the spray on fleck-stone rattle can, then painted matte black over that. I used hot glue to temporarily hold the pieces together, test fitted, then melted plastic from the back side once everything was in place. Hot glue is then removed from the front side and the crack sealed up with minimal plastic melting that will be covered by the texture spray. I used to use this same technique for custom installs back in the 80's- early 90's when I was doing IASCA shows and working at a car audio shop. Should turn out nice. It's about the only good thing that ugly fleck stone is good for! Anyway, onto the pictures...
Attached Images

bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote