View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #127
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Here's a better view of the meat of the brake line system. The master cylinder and brake booster mounted on the outside of the frame, as well as the brake lines and proportioning valve and check valves.

These wheels will actually not make it to final. I changed my mind on these and will instead be using 16 inch wheels painted in a trim color with 46 hubcaps and trim rings. But these wheels still look great for mockup purposes!

Not an angle of our cabs that we get to see all that often. The floor is fully repaired now, with new sections installed throughout.

A picture from inside the cab with the floor repairs completed. You can see the two raised rails that were added to the floor under where the seat will be. These rails will be used as mounting locations for all of Marvin's electronics - fuel controller, spark controller, transmission controller, radio, amp, fuse block, as well as the battery. The seat of the bench seat will flip forward to provide access, which allows all that stuff to stay hidden under there.

Final picture is of the compartments that were fabbed and installed behind the dash openings. The one on the right will serve as a standard glove box, and the one on the left will house a/c and heater controls, stereo controls, and a volt meter gauge (because I am replacing the charging gauge in the stock gauge cluster with a tach).

That's all for this update - more to come soon, I hope! By next week, the new wheels should be painted with tires mounted, and installed. Motor and transmission should be painted and installed back onto the frame, and sheetmetal should be very close to ready for color! Lots of fun to see the progress!