View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #6
'68 Newtricks

Re: Don't buy CPP Crap

I lucked out in that I'm also close by and bought my stuff at an auto swap meet for way less than I would have online. But yes, having said that, I wouldn't buy from them if I had to do it over again. Some stuff is nice and some stuff is just repackaged crap.

I had them send out the wrong calipers twice. I wanted black, it said black on the shipping receipt, but each time it was the wrong color or not coated at all. Not to mention missing parts, excuses for how things are assembled wrong, and not staying current with new trends. My upper control arms have 9/16 holes for 1/2 studs. The slop is on purpose (as they explained to me) but it's inexcusable. I bushed them myself to make it right. Never mind everything you bolt up has the cheapest hardware possible. I'm not holding my truck together with cheap bolts, lock washers, and nuts. I've spent ~$300 in PROPER hardware for the ~$6,000 in CPP stuff I've purchased. (it was a one time purchase) I don't know who actually makes some of the stuff they sell, cause I also see it sold many other places under another name.

Truck isn't on the road yet. Hoping it all works out.