Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #545
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
That's a cool idea, looking forward to see how you do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Can't wait to see the exhaust/steps come together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
What he said ^
Thanks you guys, it might be a while before I actually make it happen but if what I'm seeing in my head transfers well into reality it should be cool.

I had a bunch of stuff going on this weekend in preparation for retirement at the end of the year so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. I did get some parts for the steering column and fuel tank bead blasted and epoxy primered and the tank itself sanded and epoxyed. and I ordered the paint for the tank and also the fuel sender. I should be able to get it back together next weekend.
I disassembled the steering column to the point I could inspect it, clean it up a bit, and replace the bearings. Everything looks very good so it won't need to be completely torn down. I also tore apart the original 3 speed column to get the firewall plate and the steering shaft off. I think I will be able to cut the shaft to length and connect it to the column with a u-joint. More to come on this one.
Now it's back to work for 3 12 hour shifts and then back at it.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote