View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
ricott

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-tung View Post
Thank you sir. Sounds simple enough. Any suggestions on someone to tune the ECU/TCU if I go the 4L60E route? I'm pretty sure I can trim all of the unneeded wires, I just need someone to workover the computer.
If you get a truck pullout (engine/tranny/wiring harness/MAF and computer) all you need to do is send the computer off and have the "theft" and "Rear O2 sensors" turned off. There are several here or on the LS1 board that are good. The complete system thinks it is still in the truck it came from. When you start "mixing and matching" (for ex, LS1 intake or different injectors or hotter cam and headers or different MAF) is only when you need to have it tuned. If you buy the 6.0 drive by cable, make sure you get that computer. The computer for 2000-2002 (camaro, corvette,pick up) for all intents is the same (I use computer service number -last four digits - 0411), only the programming is different. I've done several, and it gets easier each time - but the first time is a learning curve for sure. If you plan to go this route, and want to discuss, you can PM me and we can talk. Hope this helps.

Ricky
ricott is offline   Reply With Quote