View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #19
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully picking up the Marauder crossmember this weekend.
Ricott: Is it hard to get the drive by wire throttle to work? Somewhere I read it was a big headache for one reason or another with the ECU and they ended up just swapping a drive-by-cable TB on it. I guess I've got a few options here because he has a couple 5.3s already pulled with no ECU or wiring harness. I could just pull the TB, intake, wiring harness and ECU off of the 6.0L. I've got a buddy with a built 4L80E with a shiftkit I could probably pick up for 2-250$. It should plug right into 6.0L harness shouldn't it? I'm just not sure what year the 4L80 is. Decisions, decisions..... If the 6.0 had aluminum heads and didn't have 225,xxx miles on it, it would be a no brainer for me.

OneOff: I was on the fence about the pump. I was thinking about an insulated box to fit around it inside the frame rail if I ran an inline pump. You're probably right though, I'd end up doing it all over. What tank are you running in your 57? I was thinking about having a 15ga aluminum one made to go between the frame rails behind the axle. Not sure yet. I've been looking at LT1swap.com quite a bit. I'm sure that's who I'll be using to fix the computer. Just need to figure out what combo of motors, wiring harnesses and tranny will be the least headache. Supposedly he's got another rolled Tahoe coming in by the end of the week. Hopefully it'll have everything I need so I can just swap it all out in one piece
t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote