View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Don't buy CPP Crap

Several years ago I had a customer who wanted me to install some CPP upper and lower a-arms. I requested initially (as I always prefer) either Hotchkis or Global West but he opted for the cheaper stuff. Cheaper as in both price AND quality-mig welded seams vs tig, etc. Anyway, up in the air everything was good-lowered car down and took it for a drive. Loud scraping/grinding could be heard the entire time we drive it....wtf? Well turned out CPP obviously doesn't compete or sponsor any serious race drivers to field test their stuff like other real companies or else they'd have know that their round lower ball joint pocket needed a taper so as NOT to dig into the back of an OEM disc brake backing plate/dust shield! That was my first experience with them and I would never suggest them. Of all things to save a buck on, DO NOT do it with brakes and suspension stuff! Support the real US companies designing and testing their stuff! My rule of thumb? If they don't say it Made in the USA, it most likely isn't!
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote