Thread: 1969 Chevy C50
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #13
South Florida C50

Re: 1969 Chevy C50

Thanks Cash3481,
Yes, the driving part is going to suck, but there are 3 plus sides to having the truck dropped off that far up north of me,
1. I have been a welder for a living my whole life so I got that part of the build covered, but my mechanical skills are Very limited. My brother in-law has 35+ years of wrenching on heavy equipment, owns a heavy 1" impact gun & tools, plus a plasma, oxy/ace torch, mig & stick welding machines etc.
2. We can make as much noise on his property day or night without disturbing anyone as we want. He's putting up a 20' x 10' canvas tent this weekend for us to work under. They wont let me do the work where I live, I can't even have the pole tarp in my neighborhood.
3. My mother in-law lives 4 acres away, so between her and my sister in-law I stay pretty well fed while I'm up there. $$$ = FREE LUNCH & Dinner..... LOL

And thanks for your reply jumpsoffrock,
You are 100% right, I know absolutely nothing about those brakes, I was so excited to finally get the truck, after a quick check of the oil and water I had to take it for a test ride, defiantly wasn't a smart thing to do. It was a back country roads and I never even saw another car, but you are right, I shouldn't assume that their fine, we need to pull all the hubs and see where we stand. I'm heading up there this morning with a new 3500 psi pressure washer to try and knock off 45 yrs. years mud from the frame and wheels. Give it a little TLC in the cab too. I bought buckets full of cleaning supplies yesterday, the inside of the cab is filthy and it smells like ass! LOL
South Florida C50 is offline   Reply With Quote