View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #101
1972BlueC20

Re: Urgent, need opinions on my new crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
Dipstick was included, just not installed. Goes on passenger side. Oil filter was included also.

EGR blockoff was included and installed.

I bought it in 2010 from a place on ebay in Kalamazoo, MI, that was a clearing house of sorts for excess GM inventory. They had 8 of them with a couple different part numbers. I talked to someone at performance parts tech support about the differences in the part numbers and was told the number I ended up buying (#19201329) had lighter pistons and one or two other changes. One of which may have been the 670 CFM carb instead of the 650 used on the earlier versions. They also told me they'd only made 8 of that version and recommended it.

I painted it orange, installed aluminum valve covers, an aluminum air cleaner top, and a dark air cleaner element to give it more of a custom look. I also installed the valve covers so the oil fill, PCV, and breather tube were in the original orientation for our trucks. Here's a picture of the installation.

Awesome, thank you for the info!

That is one sharp looking engine bay!