View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #35
skorpioskorpio

Re: 69 Camaro front valance and spoiler on a 67 c10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I like the big lights man!
I would look at cutting some spots for them in the roll pan. They are really going to block up the air flow into the engine bay don't you think to the radiator. Just a thought
Actually on mine that is why a spoiler is all that much more important to get that ground air into the radiator. Most modern cars have very little frontal grill area and get all their radiator air from below the "bumper". My truck is also going to have Trans Am fender extractors and a cowl hood so that the area behind the radiator doesn't become a high pressure area. I am also planning on a big ol' custom Ron Davis radiator with two 16" high flow fans for a 4.2 liter aluminum straight 6.

In the end the chin spoiler will actually work out better for me than the originally planned airdam anyway, with the airdam I would have had to try and draw air through the punched ports in the roll pan where with the chin spoiler I can scoop air behind the roll pan. I also plan on making a duct to block off the space between the frame rails and direct the air up to the core support. No matter how you look at it I don't think cooling is going to be an issue.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote