View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #120
FirstOwner69

Re: Urgent, need opinions on my new crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Are you aware that his crate engine has vortec heads?
I am very much aware that the original poster's engine has Vortec heads and since he does not have A/C and the heater shutoff valve his heater core should allow water to circulate such that no bypass is required. However, my response that you are commenting on was to Brave71's post #107 asking if his 260 HP engine needed a bypass. I'm 95% sure that engine has Vortec heads. So, my belief is that no bypass is required, A/C or no A/C, since it should have the water passages just as our original 350 had.

Do you agree that Brave71 should be OK without a bypass? I don't want to mislead him.

Incidentally, my engine like the OPs did not come with a bypass kit, nor did the instructions say to add a bypass. I only found that out during a discussion with the tech support folks. In fact, their first suggestion was to merely add a bypass around the heater shutoff valve! I asked them if that was the fix, why would I want to leave the valve installed. Dumb...

Thanks for the compliment about the pics I posted showing my A/C bracket and braces!

Jim

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 11-20-2014 at 12:25 AM.
FirstOwner69 is online now   Reply With Quote