View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #47
Possmguts

Re: 69 Camaro front valance and spoiler on a 67 c10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
I think this render was done by Carbon Customs, who is doing, or threatening to do carbon hoods for our trucks, though I'm not sure there actually is any, it was kind of unclear from their posts in another forum. It's a cool look, and you can probably get a lot of air in from the splitter, the scoop is probably counter productive and there is no place for the air to exit. If you ever look at front engine GT cars one thing you see a lot of is big aggressive rear facing louvers right behind the radiator so that the air gets sucked in low by the splitter, through the radiator (and often intercooler) and immediately ejected out of the hood. Not real practical on a street car that will ever see rain, or leaves, or anything else. The Trans Am extractors and a cowl hood are my compromise to that, get the air low, and get rid of it high and try and provide a natural path, about as good as you're gonna do without a wind tunnel.

That splitter does look cool, but probably would look a bit clunky on a truck with a more practical ride height.
Yup, it was done by them... but as far as not having a place for under hood pressure to escape, did you notice the fender vents or cowls in the black stripe on the fenders similar to what your doing with the TA vents? Im sure if they ever do come out with a CF Hood it will be way out of reach for us working class guys anyway.. but it will be cool. Ill be starting the parts ordering process next month (after Christmas) and we'll just have to wait and see what I come up with for the front of this truck I guess.

Your project is super cool, but I just dont have the money to undergo something that crazy, but I cant wait to see the finished product. I hope it meats or exceeds your expectations.
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote