View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #265
bj383ss

Re: 64 C10 Stepside "Jaybird"

Got some work done on the 64' today. It was sunny and 75*. Crazy Tx weather. It was 43* and raining 2 days ago.

I made some more progress on the cab. I had one more dent on the front of the roof I took care of. Then I laid down the seam sealer in the drip rail. Was going to shoot it with surface primer and block but I ran out of seam sealer about 3/4 of the way through. Have another tube on the way should be here on Tuesday so I can finish on Turkey day.

Bad pic

Since I was stalled on top I decided to tackle the bodywork on the back of the cab. It was in pretty rough shape. A big dent right below the window and various across the back rail. I had 4 filler sessions and I think I have it as good as this amateur is going to get it.

I also discovered why 2 of my brand new tires kept going down. The inside of the wheels I bought were rusted pretty bad. They had tires mounted on them when I bought them and I just had Discount Tire mount the new ones. Had I known how bad they were I would have cut the tires off and blasted them the first time. Oh well.