View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #32
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Anyone hear from 530FF recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne shortstep View Post
Richard called me earlier this year from my C-list ad for misc Chevy truck parts and asked about an AM/FM, at the time I did not have one but told him that I get them from time to time. He called me about once a week until I got one. I gave a very accurate description and he said he would come and get it that day, a couple days later he called and asked if I would bring it to him and assured me he would pay asking price. I was hesitant but had some other biz near El Cajon so I brought it with me. When I got there he immediately was very critical of condition and said he wanted one in perfect condition [I told him on the phone that it worked but was not perfect], after an hour or more of testing he flatly stated that he didn't like or want it but agreed that my description was dead on. I got the feeling he was waiting for me to offer it for a lower price, not gonna happen. He then showed me a couple other AM/FM's and was kind of bragging about lowballing people for them. He seemed more interested in showing me his truck and NOS parts stash, not what I drove to El Cajon for at all.
I also had another guy from Gillespie Field come up and buy some parts and when I brought up Richards name he just said to watch out and did not want to bad mouth anyone, 'nuff said for me. Sorry to hear you guys got burned, I am less than hour from his shop [Gillespie Field] and a friend lives less than 10 minutes from there. If I can do anything for any of you let me know. Maybe I will stop by and "strongly suggest" he square up.
NOS parts stash?? I take that to mean stolen goods or paid for goods that have not been delivered by Richard. I have called only to be hung up on as soon as I state my business. Maybe a trip from the El Cajon police department to check out the stash of NOS parts will get some attention.

I am basically done wasting time with this but hope others that have spent there money with Richard Roy get some resolve.

How do these crooks stay out of jail???

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote