View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #604
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

Hi guys, I wanted to reply earlier but I was about maxed out on my bites for the month.

tbrown5079, I didn't get a chance to go deep into your build but I did notice two things. 1) you've come a long ways to get where you are now. 2) yes we are close in completion. I wonder if there is some graduate ceremony we get once we complete a project.

If everybody thinks the way I do..... Do we ever really finish the project?

Thanks Russell Ashley and lynx5653for the support.

Otherwise I'm still fitting pieces and parts for the time being. I'm near the time of starting the wiring. I know once I start that, I will need to be focused for a while so I wanted to assemble some of the truck just so when I walk in the shop I can be motivated each time just by looking at the truck.

Just for a visual, a side shot. I still have the rear bumper, bed wood and tail gate to install, I hope these will lower the rear just a bit more and I'll be happy with the stance.

Hood and bumper is missing here but I did get the fender inner flaps painted black behind the grill. Otherwise I'm absolutely pleased with the personality that the front has taken on.

The extra time I took during the build and during the tear down, is showing now during the reassembly. Cross my fingers so far but no fighting to get things to fit back together again.

Jim