View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #222
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

What an incredible improvement!! Nice job and well worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh in NC View Post
This is not "what I did to my truck today" but what I did to my truck the last 2 and a half weeks. Here is the Before photo:

The previous owner did a wonderful job on this truck but I did not like some of his decisions under the hood involving painting the alternator, a/c compressor, power steering pump and entire engine red. Also, under the hood was showing its age with dirt and grime, peeling paint. Quadrajet ran okay but leaked down overnight. The project involved an Edelbrock intake and 1406 carb along with cleaning and repainting block Chevy orange. I chipped most of the red paint off the a/c compressor. Repainted the power steering pump back to black and replaced red alternator with a new 110 amp chrome unit. I also wire brushed the exhaust manifolds and painted them with por15 grey manifold paint. Everything turned out okay and looks much better than before. I just finished up this morning and took the truck out for a drive. I have a little problem with the throttle linkage wanting to hang after hard acceleration. I will work on that tomorrow. Here are the After photos:

Hugh