View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #221
Greenlee

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked seeing it come back together even though I know I'll be pulling it all apart again for paint.

Greenlee, your build was one of them that put the idea in my head to go with Vintage Air. Do you recall ballpark what you spent for the AC connector crimping tool and vacuum pump? I've been debating whether to purchase or have someone else do that work since I don't know that they'd get used much.
I still have the crimping tool new in the box unopened. Vintage Air made a mistake on my order and gave me the hoses with both ends already crimped on. They were supposed to leave one end off so I could cut them to the length I needed. Because of their mistake i needed new fittings on one end. I found an A/C place on Dixie Dr. in Houston to sell me the new fittings and they also crimped them on for me. The guy barely charged anything to do this. Seems like it was less than $20. I felt bad and slipped him a $20 tip.

I bought the crimping tool, vacuum pump and gauges on EBay. I will have to go back and look to figure out what I paid. I bought the vacuum pump that connects to your air compressor. It was a lot cheaper than a stand alone pump and worked just fine. All that being said, I am close enough that you can use mine if you want.
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote