View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: Post your audio setup!

Mine's not for everyone. Especially for the "stocker" guys.

I was fighting the "what should I do about sounds" question, leaning heavily toward re-installing the very broken stock
radio and listening to the best sounds...Exhaust. In my case, through two 40-Series Flowmasters.

My pal, to whom I'd sold a car that I'd earlier gone crazy on the sound system, wanted something different. He gave me
back my Pioneer AVIC C1. Don't know how many watts/channel. But mega for the time, I think.

I decided to cut the back off of the stock radio, which was absolute junk anyway, and install it into the uncut dash...Just for looks.

Then, I built a box for the Pioneer and ran the lines for the mic, set up the DVD to play in all modes of travel
(just for the music..but the screen's on), 10Gb CD Library, Sat Radio, GPS and a connection for the phone. I ran the sound to
only two inexpensive box-speakers, one in the passenger well behind the seat, and the other next to the driver's seat

Like I said, it's not the common "wanted" set up. But it was "free". Sort of. And I can take it completely out in about
ten minutes if I get tired of looking at it.

No harm done.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote