View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #930
C10Greg

Re: 68 aka "Chained in Porterbuilt Prison"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp67-72 View Post
i need pics!!!
especially the cab liner...jim
I don't have any pics yet. I work on my truck in my back yard so it's covered up right now from the rain and all the interior pieces are in my garage. Here is what I can tell you if it helps.

The quality of the interior panels is excellent as is the finish. The fiberglass is pretty thick and all the panels feel very sturdy. The only panels I have not fit yet are the kick panels because they were not finished yet when I test fit all of the other parts.

The headliner was the piece I was worried about the most, especially because I was going to have to fit it by myself. It was recommended by Pascual Marquez to install the headliner with out the glass in the truck. It is made a little bit long so that it can be trimmed to fit perfect around the front and rear glass rubber and the door rubber. The nice thing about the extra length is that if some one were going to do a flush mount windshield, the headliner would go all the way to the windshield with no gaps. My headliner fit so snug, I didn't even have to use clamps to hold it in place while I marked the holes for drilling. The headliner is held in place by the interior dome light, the rear view mirror and the visors. It will also be held in place by the seat belt mounting holes should you choose to have 3 point seat belts. If you go back and look at Eric's Tootsie, you will notice the headliner is one piece. The actual production headliners are two piece.

The trickiest part of installing the headliner is finding a way to locate all of the holes once the headliner has been properly fitted. I know this won't work for everyone but what I did was first locate the holes for the three point seat belts since these were fairly easy to locate. So here is the part that is not for everyone. I removed the headliner and I welded up all the holes for the rear view mirror and the sun visors and ground them smooth. I put the headliner back in and screwed in the bolts for the three point seat belts. Now I just put the mirror brackets and visor brackets in the location very close to where they would normally go and I drilled the new holes through the headliner and roof at the same time. That might not be the easiest way, but it worked for me. Hope this helps.
C10Greg is offline   Reply With Quote