View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 04:53 AM   #230
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
i know they did a 32 valve conversion on the old big block still using the stock camshaft and pushrods and some realy trick rockers
arias made a set of billet 32 valve heads for the small block too
both where somwhere in the eighties
it turned out you can actually get better flowing heads with two valves per cilinder and some extensive development work wish is the reason the LS engines still have 2 valves per cilinder
maibe this will help :
http://www.69pace.com/6shooters.htm
theres one that made an aluminium inline 6 head by lopping of one combustion chamber of a set of good flowing aluminium v8 heads and weld them together
I think you can still get the Arao Engineering 32 valve heads for small and big block Chevys as well as Windsor block Fords. There is a lot going on in those heads, still pushrod and triple the moving parts. Very cool though. I actually talked to them long ago about doing a 6 cyl head, but not for a 6 but for a v12. It wouldn't be anything close to cheap but between them, World Castings and Crower, and a fair amount of making it worth their while money thrown around you could put together a 7.5-10 liter 48 valve small block pushrod V12 and probably for about the same cost as a Ryan Falconer V12, about $60K.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote